Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ed Tech in Review

Wow! I did not think I could have learned this much. Through much computer frustration and tears I learned in spite of myself. I am very thankful that my fellow computer geeks (and teacher who spoon fed me computer jargon) who were willing to help me, and teach me from how to turn a computer on...to how to make a website and power point. I still have A LOT to learn, and maybe I can find a computer class for "exceptional" computer students, or a remedial computer class now that I am using a computer with Vista and everything is in the wrong place, and has different labels. It feels like I starting all over...again. Now I just have to learn what Ad-Ons and Plug-Ins are, and how to use them!?!
A suggestion...I would have liked to have class twice a week, one day for regular class, one day for the students new to computers, so we could ask more questions and figure out how to work a computer. The computer language is a problem for us. On the first day you kept saying "click on the icon," I knew what an icon was, and it wasn't a little picture :). Thank you so much for your understanding and help. I hope to have you as a teacher again.
Kristin
P.S. If you teach a "computer class for dummies" I would love to go to it... maybe a weekend class?? Just a thought.

No comments: